(Vietnamese below / Tiếng Việt bên dưới)
Gathering people: We are all demi experts!
Do you have different groups of buddies? For example, a high school group, a college group, a close co-worker group, an online group, etc.
Is one of them an expert on something? Maybe they know how to do pottery, oil painting, cocktail, marketing, startup, yoga, or travel planning?
They are not yet real experts in one field, but certainly because they love a particular subject, they have spent time to research about it more than we do. They are already so called a “demi expert”, no joking. You too, you are also a demi expert in a certain area. So why do not we learn from each other?
This idea is all about setting up a coffee group for a mini presentation each week. Each person will spend about 10 minutes presenting one of his favorite areas. He would spend ahead some time to gather up the knowledge he has, and present it in a way that is intensive enough yet easy to understand. The following week will be another person’s speech on a different topic. Imagine, with 10 minutes a week, we’ll get a lot of information from a many different demi experts, interesting?
If this benefit is not enough to convince you, lets take a look at the list of benefits I presented below:
Being a speaker, for example in the field of online marketing, he will be able to:
- Gather a comprehensive online marketing knowledge he had read which were scattering across the internet into a full set.
- In the process of structuring the speech he will find ways to add information in some of the arrays he had not known about yet, eg online marketing via emails. This is an opportunity for him to better understand his favorite field.
- Develop presentation skills and problem-solving skills.
- Get a chance to talk about his favorite subject.
- Have the opportunity to listen to other people’s opinions about his favorite subject, gain an alliance or expand his hobby.