It’s always amusing and fun to do something new; however, regularly we fall into the snare of spending our days the same way. In case you are stuck in a similar old daily practice, it may be a great opportunity to try something new.
Consider learning something new. What do you want to do that you have postponed or ignored? Have you dreamed of learning to dance, to sail, knit a sweater, sew, sculpt, paint, skydive, fly, ski, golf? Whatever you choose, your life will be enriched with fun, new friends and the pride of doing something new.
So, to provide an example, how about we try some Crafting?
8 reasons we should try some Crafting
- Crafts invite a person to experiment with supplies, techniques, and directions that are often foreign and intimidating. Tackling and becoming adept at creating new tasks brings satisfaction and gratification to people of all ages.
- Crafts encourage us to push ourselves to plan and finish an entire project. People feel a great sense of accomplishment when they are responsible for completing a new task from A to Z.
- Crafts teach open-mindedness. Creative questions do not have finite answers like math or physics problems. When doing craftspeople learn how to explore the many different possible solutions to the problems that they face. Being imaginative and open-minded allows them to invent solutions that are exciting and inspired. People gain the confidence to tackle many problems in creative and ingenious ways.
- Crafts aid in dispelling a person’s “limiting beliefs”. Thoughts like, “I am not smart enough to do this,” are destructive and chip away at their self-esteem. Craft projects teach people how to change damaging preconceived notions. People learn how much they truly are capable of and build on each experience gaining confidence with each new project.
- Crafts illustrate to people that they can achieve success. It is good for people to discover that they can be victorious. Success feels great and inspires people to reach for more and attempt harder and harder tasks.
- Crafts allow an opportunity for people to let loose and have fun. In a relaxed and non-competitive atmosphere, people can explore their carefree and imaginative side. Seeing that they are multidimensional beings contributes to their overall sense of wellbeing and a healthy sense of self.
- Crafts classes produce a fertile environment for meeting and interacting with new people. It can be difficult for some people to venture beyond their comfort zones and intermingle with people they don’t know. It is very flattering and a boost to self-esteem for people to hit it off and work with new friends. Plus, it is a gamble to create something and show people because there is the possibility of receiving criticism. People, especially some people are averse to this type of hazard. A supportive crafts trainer creates an environment where people feel comfortable exposing their new work.
- Crafts classes permit unique people to see themselves in a fresh, new light. It is important that some people have the opportunity to survey many different pursuits. Allowing someone to choose the activities that excite and delight them gives them the confidence to later pursue their own interests and eventually choose meaningful careers and pastimes.
Kindly check the list of Crafting’s examples here. If you have tried any crafting, do not hesitate to share your work here.